Pre-Sales Engineer for erwin®
TechXtend is seeking qualified candidates in order to fill the position of Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) for erwin®. This position supports sales productivity and sales opportunity flow by securing the "technical close" in complex solutions. The PSE collaborates with sales, services, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed sales opportunity includes technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PSE is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or is channel supported.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working sales opportunities while supporting assigned sales team with prioritizing their efforts in order to maximize total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the Sr. Director of Sales & Marketing
- Proactively identifying scope of the technical solutions required to address customer requirements, assessing customers' needs, making recommendations to meet those needs, while providing solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm
- Securing input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm; adapting solutions as necessary, to ensure appropriate support
- Coordinating closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers' business requirements
- Securing commitments from customer technical staff needed to ensure a sales opportunity's "technical close"
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported
- Providing coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Pursuing any additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Channel Sales Experience a must
- Affinity with software, IT in general
- Strong product knowledge (on business/sales level)
- Experience in selling Data Management type solutions (i.e., Data Modeling, Business Intelligence, Big Data)
- Knowledgeable in various Data Management projects (Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Big Data) a plus
- Ability to present solutions, programs and business cases to large groups a plus
- Proficient in demonstrating various technologies/solutions via web-ex, skype, live meeting, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel reporting and data analysis skills
- Independent working skills, self-motivated, proactive and confident, no 9-5 mentality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail orientation/attention to detail
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in software related channel pre-sales consulting
- A relevant selling and technical skills and a good understanding of the software industry
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- Travel up to 25% of the time
The Company's headquarters are located in a great location near the New Jersey Shore. Our make-it-happen culture enjoys a business-casual dress code and operates in a state of the art environment. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Base Salary + Bonus
- Excellent Health & Welfare benefits
- 401(k) Plan with Company matching
If you meet these requirements, please apply now.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed are not significant.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V, drug-free work
July 22, 2016