Storage area networks (SAN) are sets of
storage devices (disks, tapes, etc.) that are typically accessible via a network so that they appear to an
application as if they are directly attached to the server.
SAN solutions originally were specialized hardware systems — from companies such as Teradata, EMC and
others — that were affordable only to large enterprises. Today, however, SAN solutions are much more
affordable — in particular, due to software-based offerings.
TechXtend offers SAN solutions — both software-based and hardware-based — from a number
of leading vendors, including:
- Software SAN solutions: DataCore, StarWind, and Open-E.
- Hardware SAN Solutions: Dell EqualLogic, Brocade, HP StorageWorks, NetGear,
Overland Storage, and DataDomain
Note: We provide hardware-based SAN solutions through our TechXtend value added solutions unit.
In addition, we offer backup and recovery products that work with these SAN solutions. These include offerings from
vendors such as Acronis,
Dell Software (Quest),
Software SAN Solutions
Here are some of the SAN solution software products we represent:
- DataCore SANsymphony: DataCore storage virtualization products provide storage area network (SAN) solutions ranging from large, distributed enterprise SANs to small virtual SANs.
Search DataCore SAN solutions
- StarWind Enterprise: StarWind SAN software turns any industry-standard 64-bit or 32-bit Windows server into a fail-safe, fault-tolerant, high availability SAN solution.
Search StarWind Enterprise SAN solutions
- Open-E Data Storage Server (DSS): Open-E software turns any server into a SAN solution or a Network-attached storage (NAS) appliance.
Search Open-E DSS SAN solutions