Virtual Machine (VM) and Virtual Server Backup
Backup of data and applications was well understood pre-virtualization. Now with the advent of virtualization of servers and desktops, IT professionals need to learn a new way of looking at these essential BC/DR functions.
Virtual machine (VM) backup is a general term that covers both virtual server backup, as well as backup of virtual PC desktops. Additionally, virtual machine (VM) backup loosely refers to backup of the virtual server or virtual desktop itself, as well as to the backup of information onto a virtual server.
Solutions exist for VM backup for each of the major virtualization platforms & VMware vSphere, Microsoft's Hyper-V, Citrix XENserver.
TechXtend provides virtual machine backup software from companies including Acronis, CA ARCserve, PHD Virtual, StorageCraft, Symantec, Veeam, and Dell Software. In addition, we offer hardware and software storage solutions onto which virtual machine (VM) backups can be made. These include products from DataCore, Acronis, Open-E, Raxco, StarWind Software, ExaGrid, and Zecurion.
Virtual Machine (VM) Backup Software Products
Virtual machine (VM) and virtual server backup software solutions include:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery: Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced Server Virtual Edition is a virtualization-centric solution for virtual server and Virtual machine backup. Acronis Backup & Recovery handles VM backup and recovery for VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and Parallels environments.
Contact TechXtend for information on Acronis Backup & Recovery VM Backup Products
- ARCserve Backup: ARCserve Backup provides complete protection with backups for virtual machines (VM) and virtual servers running on Windows Server Hyper-V, VMware ESX Server and VMware vCenter Server. ARCserve Backup Agent for Virtual Machines also lets you protect VMware-based data residing on local storage and on a storage area network. Allows you to perform image-level and file-level virtual machine backups and restores.
Contact TechXtend for information on ARCserve VM Backup Products
- StorageCraft ShadowProtect: StorageCraft ShadowProtect solutions provide fast and reliable disaster recovery, data protection and system migration to get servers online as quickly as possible after a disaster. ShadowProtect Server Editionprovides the tools needed to centrally manage point-in-time VM backup images and restore them in a matter of minutes. The easy-to-use management console allows administrators to simultaneously push install ShadowProtect to all Windows servers from a central location and view the virtual machine (VM) backup status of all protected Windows servers in the organization. In addition, ShadowProtect Server provides VirtualBoot™ technology — for failover to a virtual server — as well as a virtual converter to convert ShadowProtect backup images into virtual machines.
Search All StorageCraft ShadowProtect VM Backup & Recovery Solutions
- Veeam Backup & Replication: Veeam Backup & Replication™ is much more than backup — it provides fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of virtualized applications and data. We bring backup and replication together in a single solution to reinvent data protection and deliver the #1 VM backup for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments.
Search All Veeam VM Backup & Replication Products
- Symantec Backup Exec: Solve your backup challenges with Symantec Backup Exec 2014. Backup Exec 2014 delivers powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use backup and recovery to protect your entire infrastructure whether built upon virtual, physical, or a combination of both. Featuring improved performance, increased visibility, simplified management, and support for the latest operating systems and applications Backup Exec 2014 is the faster, stronger backup solution.
Search All Symantec Backup Exec Virtual Machine Backup Products
- Dell Software vRanger: vRanger Pro from Dell Software is a leading virtual machine and virtual server backup and restore solution for VMware Infrastructure users. Administrators can schedule regular VM backups of either the full image or just the differential, at appropriate intervals & while the virtual machine is still running. Images can be stored either locally in the SAN or sent as compressed files over a WAN to remote locations to support disaster recovery strategies. vRanger Pro also enables efficient restore of individual files in the virtual machine with an explorer tree through which users can easily identify and "grab" needed files.
Search All Dell Software vRanger VM Backup Products